How to Download and Configure MT5 on Android
Trading has many forms, but when it’s on-the-go, it might seem dicey. Carrying a bag of tech is not the solution, and thankfully, this has been foreseen by MetaTrader 5’s development team. As of 2021, more than 3 billion Android devices are out there in the world. Anyone with an Android device can trade freely, as MetaTrader 5 is optimized to work smoothly, regardless of the various models of smartphones and tablets.
By choosing to go with MT5 on Android, traders get access to Forex, indices, stocks and commodities from any point on the globe. Accounting systems such as netting and hedging are available, accompanied by Market Depth and other trading operations for establishing a working trading system. Pending and stop orders are among the orders available in the full set that MT5 offers. Charting and trading on time frames is just as easy, with 3 chart types and 9 timeframes.
But that’s not all – there is a chat inside the app for quick access to relevant information. In addition, through push notifications and alerts, anyone can follow the latest financial news on the MT5 app. Tablet users also get some screen real-estate due to the extended version of MetaTrader 5 that works seamlessly with devices. Here is how you can get all of those features in a few quick steps.
Downloading MT5 on Android
The very first step to getting your hands on MT5 for Android is going to the Google Play Store and searching for ‘Metatrader 5’ or simply ‘mt5’. A far easier way, though, is to just download it directly from this link where you can also get it for any other devices you wish to use it on. It should begin downloading. After that is done, it should install itself automatically.
Upon opening the application, you will be greeted by the main dashboard. Go to the top left corner to enter the main menu and select ‘Manage accounts’. After clicking the + icon on the top left side, you can enter the broker name – such as Eightcap – you should have received in your confirmation email. Pick the appropriate entry and input the trading account details and server, also made available from the same email. Click ‘Login’ and your account will be added to MT5’s database, allowing you to trade freely.
Configuring MT5 on Android
Now comes the fun part – configuring MetaTrader 5 to your liking.
- Quotes is where you can trade or monitor financial tools you have picked after looking them up in the search bar at the top. The pencil icon at the top left allows you to edit and remove tools you do not need.
- Charts is the tab for viewing charts, selecting timeframes and adding indicators, or simply monitoring financial instruments. The top right icon enables one-click trading.
- Trade allows you to check on your balance, equity and free margin, in addition to viewing a list of open trades.
- History shows closed trades and transactions of deposits and withdrawals. Positions, Orders, and Deals can also be changed to filter trades. You can also pick the time period of account history from the clock icon at the top right.
- Settings show all MT5 settings. There, you can find the Mailbox, News, Chat and Messages, OTP, Interface, Charts, Journal, and Settings tabs, providing you with additional options for getting informed, communicating with other traders, adding an extra layer of protection, picking the app display language, editing charts, tech events and the build app version, both useful for troubleshooting.
With this, you now have full control over your MT5 trading on Android.
And in case of any questions, you can always reach out to the support team and any questions you may have about how to use the platform or set your account up will be answered by an experienced and thorough support team.